Thursday 14 March 2013

March Glossybox

Every month when I receive my Glossybox I let out a little squeal of utter delight. I absolutely LOVE Glossybox, it's a great way of finding out about new make-up/skin care/hair products. Each box comes with up to 6 random products, some mini and some full sized. I have discovered more than one little gem from this beauty service. If you have not signed up yet, you are missing out! 


Every Glossybox has a theme and this month it's travelling. The products included are perfect for taking away on holiday with you. I love the little Travelling Book that comes with the box. It includes super cute travel stickers and international recommendations on restaurant, hotel, beauty stores. Very handy for anyone with upcoming travel adventures. 


My March Glossybox includes: 

Jelly Ping Pong Lip Blush (moisturising lip stain)
The shade of this lip product isn't mentioned but when swatched it comes out as a very girly, barbie pink. I haven't actually tried this lip stain yet as I'm still debating about how good the colour will look on me. When I swatched it, it had a lovely balmy texture with a sheer finish. It contains beeswax and cersin for that silky lips feeling. So it seems like it could be a nice enough dupe of the classic Clinique Chubby Sticks.

Juicy Couture - Couture La La fragrance
I have to admit, I'm not normally a fan of Juicy Couture but I'm loving this scent. It reminds me a little bit of D&G Light Blue. It's very woody and musky, which is right up my alley. I've been on the lookout for some fragrances for summer and I think this will be perfect. It's delicate, very feminine and bold.

Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free
This is the product that I am most excited about this month. This is a cult product amongst all beauty lovers and I have heard nothing but high praise for this cream. I've been meaning to try it out for ages and was absolutely ecstatic when I opened my Glossybox and found this staring back at me! YAY! This beauty classic has won numerous beauty awards and was created in 1930. It moisturises and protects chapped skin and can also soothe minor  scrapes and burns. This cream can basically be applied to everywhere and anywhere you like; face, skin, brows, nails, hands...
It also apparently makes a really good in-flight skin caring product, so brilliant for travellers. It includes a mixture of petrolatum and vitamin E and the story goes that one of Miss Arden's loyal clients used this cream to soothe her child's scraped knee. Lo and behold, "8 hours later" the skin was all better. I am most definitely looking forward to using this cream.

Nails Inc - St James
I don't normally wear bold red colours on my nails, I usually go for darker shades like navy blues and deep plums. I love Nails Inc, they have a huge variety of colours that last for ages. This polish is named after St James, the London residential area of high class and society. Glossybox describes this shades as a " classic pillar box red" that will "add instant glamour to any outfit".

TRESemmé - Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray 
I try not to use too much product in my hair, as I have a sensitive scalp. I am partial to L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil though. I don't use hairspray ever so I might give this one a whirl. This product has a fast drying formula with flexible control. It has strong hold control that is humidity resistant and brushes out nice and easy. That sounds good to me! If I were to use hairspray I would want to use one that leaves no residue or build up. Glossybox suggests flipping your hair over your head to ensure for full coverage of the product. 

So all in all, a fantastic Glossybox haul this month.

If you want to sign up (and I suggest you do) to this beauty service than click here. It costs £12.95 for a monthly subscription including p+p. 

~Nas~

No comments:

Post a Comment