Thursday 18 July 2013

American Beauty Haul

Oh. My. Goodness. 
How long has it been since I ranted and raved about my love of all things beauty? 
A VERY long time, is the answer to that shameful question! I must offer my sincere apologies for seriously neglecting my poor, darling blog so :( 

Recently I paid a visit to the good ol' US of A. I had the best time and was genuinely devastated to return home. We hopped all over the place and absolutely loved it! We visited New York, New Jersey, San Francisco, Yosemite and LA! 

Whilst in the US, I had the chance to purchase some gorgeous beauty goodies. Two of the brands featured here, are not available in the UK and all of the products are much cheaper. I can also say without a shadow of a doubt that I would have bought MUCH more if I had more baggage space and if my friends weren't constantly dragging me away from the make-up aisles. Although, It is a good thing that my friends kept me in check, otherwise I would have blown through my money in about 30 seconds flat! 

I purchased these products from Sephora, Walgreens and Macy's. 

When I walked into Sephora, I was like a little kid in a sweet shop - my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets and I literally wanted everything! I've been to the Sephora in Paris, but was too young to appreciate it fully. The walls were lined with loads of fabulous brands, packed with dazzling products.
I was in my element.





NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in Amande
I have been on the lookout for an illuminating concealer for ages. I really wanted something to lift my skin and make it look luminous, but not cakey. I went straight to the NARS counter in Sephora and asked one of the ridiculously sweet assistants for help. She immediately suggested the Radiant Creamy concealer and I fell in love. This concealer feels super light on the skin and is perfect for covering up those pesky dark circles and those little blemishes that refuse to leave. The formula is luxuriously creamy and with its doe foot applicator you can build the coverage from medium to full. All signs of fatigue and stress are banished with this little miracle of a product. The formula is crease-proof, long lasting and is alcohol and paraben free. I like to apply this concealer to my under eye area and around my nose and mouth with my beauty blender. It is absolutely boiling in London at the moment and I have been skipping foundation as it makes my skin feel like its suffocating in make-up. All I need is this concealer which I then set in place with Soap and Glory's One Heck of A Blot powder

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Blushing Bride 
 I knew I had to get my mits on the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush, as I have heard nothing but good things about it. I'm quite pleased as I love the colour which is a gorgeous plumy shade. I'm also a bit suprised as there is a shimmer running through it and I am not a fan of shimmer in my make-up. At all. But I actually love it here. I sweep this blush along the high points of my cheeks and it catches the light nicely. As I have a bit of a tan at the moment (thanks to a heat wave in LA) this blush gives me a bit of a rosy/slightly bronzed look, which I love! The colour is highly pigmented and stays put for quite a while. 
I really like these blushes because the formula is free from harmful ingredients such as parabens, sulfates and synthetic fragrances. It also includes natural clay from the Amazonian river, which minimizes oil in and around pores.  

EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint and Carmex Everyday Protecting Lip Balm with SPF 15 in Cherry
 One night, after dinner in San Fran we realised we had to pick up a few bits from Walgreens. So naturally whilst the girls were looking for practical items such as after skin sun care and toothbrushes I made a bee line for the lip balms. 
The EOS lip balm is another product that I have been wanting to try out for a while now. I can't get over the sweet egg-shape of this lip balm and I have always been a sucker for cutsie packaging. To be honest, the performance isn't anything to rave too much about, It's great for flinging in your handbag as your lip balm on the go. Also, the mint flavour is nice and light and isn't overpowering at all. 
Because the sun was so fierce in the US, I needed to get a lip screen, so I went for a reliable brand; Carmex. This  slicks on easily and leaves a nice tingle and a slight cherry taste. As far as I am aware the SPF is sufficient for my lips, as they have stayed nice and supple through the heat wave in California and the one we are currently experiencing here in London. 

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
This is also another product I knew I had to have! This mascara has been around for a while now and at first I thought it seemed a bit silly - to have a mascara just for your bottom lashes? Then I researched the product a bit more and realised I spoke a bit too soon. I LOVE this little mascara with its teeny tiny little brush. It clings to every little lash and has a long-wearing formula that prevents smudging and flaking. It opens up my eyes and makes the bottom lashes look incredibly lush and full. 
My little hero.



Beautyblnder make-up sponge  
This cute little make-up sponge is versatile and eco-friendly as it is non-disposable. This is also another product that has been around for a while. I use this applicator when it comes to applying concealer, it blends the product nicely and smoothly. I like it because it's not fussy and is quick and easy to use. Simply dampen the sponge and use in either a stippling or a light bouncing motion. It can be used with most make-up formulas such as cream, powder (loose or pressed) and liquid. I am aware that It can also be used to create dramatic eyes, but I don't think I'm brave enough to try that out...yet. 

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette 
Every beauty gal knows that the Urban Decay palettes are pretty awesome. Having said that, I have never felt the need to invest in the hugely popular Naked/Naked 2 palettes. The reason for this is mainly because they're a bit bulky looking and I already have similar shades that exist within my current make-up collection. But I did want this one, as I love how compact and sleek the packaging is and thought it would be great for when I'm in a rush and need a quick eye look. The palette contains 6 shadows featuring both mattes and satin shadows, ideal for creating pretty everyday looks.

- Venus: A semi-matte off white
- Foxy: A matte ivory shade with a yellow tone base
- Walk of Shame: A light cream with pretty pink tones
- Naked 2: A nude shade with a pretty pink tones
- Faint: A light brown matte with light grey undertones
- Crave: A deliciously dark brown that almost appears to be black 

I particularly like the Faint shade, this colour can be swept over the lids for a soft day look or built gradually for a elegant evening look. Add a bit of Venus to the inner corners of the eye as a highlighter. I am so excited to create more looks with this palette! It's great for the girl who loves a bit of subtle colour on her eyes. 

~Nas~

No comments:

Post a Comment