Wednesday 25 June 2014

Bright Lip Love

By nature I am a deep-red-lippie-kinda-girl. I have to force myself to wear brighter colours. Although, having said that; I do love a good ol' purple. 

After watching a VivannaDoesMakeup vid, she mentioned her love of the matte Bourjois's Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks and I decided to pick one up in the gorgeous shade OlĂ© Flamingo!


These lipsticks have been out for a while now and I was a bit dubious to try them, mainly because of my uncertainty over how much a matte lip would suit me. 
But I decided to ignore my doubts and be brave and I absolutely love the packaging! it's so dinky and chic!

I am pretty happy with the it as it stays for absolutely ages, when first applied it glides on as a liquid but dries quickly for a matte finish. I really like how it has a doe foot applicator, as It allows me to control the application of the product better. 

It is super creamy and doesn't dry my lips at all. As I do have a small pout, I did have to use a lip liner to create a crisp line and to define my lips more. When it comes to small pouts, it is quite easy to smear on the product haphazardly and make a  bit of a mess of it, so I find I always need to use a lip liner. 

The colour is a very bold and vibrant pink, perfect for the summer season and suits darker skin tones really well. I do like the way it looks on me, but feel it would look even more amazing on a fuller pout. 

All in all, a matte lip lover's dream. 

~Nas~

No comments:

Post a Comment