Monday 12 November 2012

My Makeup Bag



There is no denying that I am a makeup junkie, but I really do not like carrying around loads of products in the makeup that comes out with me. Here are the items that generally live in my handbag.



1)      Metallic Silver Clinique Makeup Bag – This little makeup bag is perfect for me to pack all my essentials in neatly and it slots into my handbag so well. I was kindly sent this little bag from Clinique last year and I absolutely love it, it’s sturdy and the embossed floral print is really sweet.

2)      Thailand Souvenir Mirror – I have a bit of an obsession with compact mirrors and have quite a few. I recently rediscovered this one; it was given to me by a work colleague as a token of her trip to Thailand. I love the elephants and on the other side there is a circle pattern in pinks and silvers, I use it all the time now.

3)      Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara – This mascara is just the thing for a pretty day look and the ultra thin tube makes it easy to carry around. The silky and clump free formula makes it simple and quick to use when in a rush.

4)      M.A.C. Lipstick in Ramblas Red – I am a big fan of a red lip and this is my favourite red lipstick. The colour is so vibrant and by layering it on you can create a really bold lip. For a more subtle day look I press the colour onto my lips lightly with my finger tips. This creates a long-wearing stain, if you want to define your pout further line with M.A.C’s Lip Pencil in Burgundy.

5)      Benefit’s the POREfessional – I know for a fact that I am not the only girl who counts this balm as one of her key products. The POREfessional reduces the appearance of pores drastically and I use it mainly to my t-zone after I’ve applied my foundation. This balm can also be worn alone without makeup and is oil-free and translucent. It has a silky-smooth texture, which makes you feel as if you’re not wearing anything and it’s suitable for all skin tones.

6)      Clinique’s Chubby Stick in Fuller Fig – Clinique’s Chubby Sticks are amazing! They simultaneously provide full on colour and moisturise your lips. It’s basically a lipstick with all the benefits of a lip balm. I love the way this product comes in the form of a large colouring pencil, it’s really playful and makes me feel like a kid again (not that I ever really feel like an adult). I love the shade Fuller Fig in this Chubby Stick as it is a lovely natural brown colour and is a nice way to achieve a nude lip. Sometimes If I’m feeling experimental I apply this Chubby Stick and then mix a little of my M.A.C Ramblas Red lipstick into the centre of my pout. It gives quite a nice effect; try it if you ever want a new way of wearing your lip colour.

7)      Sleek’s Eau La La Liner in Noir – Sleek’s Eau La La Liner’s are handy to have in your makeup bag, as they’re multi-use liners and smudge proof. They come in 20 creamy colours and can be used as an eye liner, a lip liner or an eyebrow pencil.

8)      L’Oreal Concealer in 09 Coffee – I always put my foundation on at home, unless I’m running late for work. Sometimes I just put concealer on where needed, which is usually under the eyes and around the nose and mouth area. I picked this concealer up in the duty free in Heathrow, when I was on my way to Mauritius. I was in such a rush and I remembered that I’d completely forgotten my concealer. I desperately needed one as I was going to three weddings in Mauritius and I had to look my best. So this was a bit of a risk product – but it proved to be a giant success, it’s so easy to use and blends nicely. It does a great job of hiding those pesky blemishes and dark circles all day long. Whilst I was in Mauritius, it became my job to do all the makeup for my cousins for the weddings we went to. They absolutely LOVED this concealer, so much so I left it with them and picked myself up a new once when I got back to London.  

9)      Oriflame’s Tender Care – Now that we have progressed into the colder part of the year, it’s imperative that I have some sort of moisturiser in my handbag at all times. I suffer from eczema, so the cold weather can be really harsh on my hands and face. This little pot by Oriflame is perfect! It’s small enough to fit into my makeup bag and is a multi-use product (my favourite kind). You can apply the balm to ANY dry area such as, face, lips, hands, elbows, feet, hair – wherever you like! It instantly soothes dryness and contains vitamin E and beeswax.

So those are the key items that I usually take around with me in my handbag. Sometimes I’ll change my lip colour to something else or I’ll take out an item I don’t think I’ll use again once I've applied it once. Check out the links below, if you want to know more information about any of the featured products.






No comments:

Post a Comment