Wednesday 5 December 2012

My Winter Skin Saviours


Winter is well and truly here, the weather can be really harsh on skin this time of year. I was lucky enough to attend the VIP Preview Night of Hyde Park Winter Wonderland on the 22nd November with my sister, Wafeekah (Basmah) and my friends Amina and Palak. It was not as cold then as it is now, but it was really windy. I had to make sure my skin was well prepared for the cold weather and here are some of the products that I used.


Warming Mineral Mask* – The Body Shop, RRP: £10.00
This mask is amazing! It instantly warms your skin the second that it is applied. It contains ginger and cinnamon oils and opens up pores for an invigorating cleanse. I applied this mask just before I attended the VIP preview night of Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, I was just getting over a really horrible cold and my skin was really dry and dull-like. This was the perfect mask for me to use as it completely revitalised my skin. Apply a thick and generous layer to the face, leave for 5 minutes and rinse. It’s a quick and simple way of refreshing your skin and is a really good mask to apply before a night out in the brutal winter weather.


Fresh Moisturising Body Milk* – Melvita, RRP: £16.00
This all natural, silky smooth moisturising body milk keeps my skin super hydrated all day and in winter this is vital. I suffer from eczema and my skin does not take kindly to not being moisturised. This body milk includes fresh ingredients of wild rose petals, rose floral water and rose seed milk and smells absolutely gorgeous. I have been using this body milk daily since November and it gives my skin a soft and comforting feel. It is absolutely imperative that you moisturise all over in winter as the wind is so much harsher this time of year. A high street alternative would be Palmer’s Cocoa Butter or Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter.


Wonder Eye Cream* – Balance Me, RRP: £20.00
The skin around your eyes is so delicate, so if you decide to use an eye cream you should use one that won’t make your eyes feel heavy or weighed down. I love Balance Me’s Wonder Eye Cream; this product is best suited for people who find the skin around their eyes really dry and at times a bit tight. I pat and blend this cream around my area every morning and evening and I have really seen and felt a difference. The cream formula includes Roman chamomile, skin-brightening lemon, witch hazel, cucumber oil, hyaluronic acid, anti-oxidant spruce knot and virgin coconut, rosehip and carrot oils. This cocktail of ingredients helps to smooth fine lines and brighten up the eye area.


Barrier Repair* – Dermalogica, RRP: £34.50
I always keep this little gel-like emulsion with me in my handbag; it’s a brilliant product for targeting dry areas on your face. It basically helps to strengthen the natural barrier of your skin and to shield your face against any potential damage. I love the velvet texture of this moisturiser, it’s so light and it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything at all. A little goes a long way with this product and it helps to banish any discomfort you may be experiencing due to itching. It’s a tad pricey but it is worth it, although there are websites that stock this product at a more affordable price.

Click here to read my review on Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
Also check out my December Beauty News for Time & Leisure online. 

Hope that helped you guys if you have been wondering what winter skincare products to use. Don’t forget to Tweet/Facebook this post if you liked it! You can also follow me via e-mail for any of my blog updates. 
:)

~Nas~


*P.R. Samples

No comments:

Post a Comment