Saturday 26 January 2013

Beauty Bash

Ok, so a month or two ago I had a "Beauty Bash" gathering with a couple of my friends. Basically my friend, Palak had the idea of getting some of the girls together and doing a couple of different beauty looks. So I called up some of the girls who would be willing to let me do their make-up and take a pretty picture or two. Even though I am not a professional make-up artist in the slightest, I do love putting make-up on people. I really enjoy experimenting with different looks and trying out new products. 

I want to give a massive shout out and thanks to Palak Bhatt who took the pictures and helped with the make-up application. Also, my gorgeous models; Iman Aden who also edited some of the ligh

I used a number of different products on the ladies, both high street and high end brands. I did however use the two same products on all the girls; The NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base which is quite difficult to buy in the UK, it's only available online. I actually bought mine from  Love Make up, but they have run out. It's really good for making sure your eye shadow stays put. I also used Benefit's the POREfessional, which I think is every beauty girl's staple piece.        


Skin: For foundation I applied M.A.C.'s Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation in NW43, which is my personal favourite. I love this foundation because it provides such good coverage  without looking too heavy or cakey. It glides on so easily and sits really nicely on the skin. I did a little bit of contouring with M.A.C.'s Coffee Walnut Pro Sculpting CreamI'm not sure if you can purchase this product in this shade online. I bought this cream at the counter at Selfridges. This is a great sculpting product as it is super creamy and is real easy to control how much you want to apply to your skin. I also used a little bit of Sleek's Face Contour Kit in Dark which comes with a little contouring powder and highlighter. I mainly used the highlighter on Mel's gorgeous cheekbones and I swirled a bit of Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Bronzer in Shade 2 to the apples of her cheeks. The bronzer is really lovely because it has a turning shaver which turns the powder from pressed to loose. It comes in a pretty pink and orange floral drawstring bag, which makes it ideal for travelling. I set parts of the make up in place around the nose, chin and forehead with M.A.C.'s Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Dark.

Eyes: I applied Korres's Eye Shadow in Brun all over the lid, this is a really nice burned brown shade which worked really well on Mel. I then used the brown and gold shades from Sleek's I-Divine Storm Palette and applied it to the crease and corners of the eyes to make them pop. As my eye lining skills have not yet been perfected, Palak lined Mel's eyes with Benefit's Magic Ink Liquid eye liner in Jet Black. I then fanned out the lashes slightly with Lancôme's Hypnôse Star Mascara

Lips: For the lips, I keptStunning Iman

For Iman, I decided to go for a dark scarlet plum look, with bold eyes and lips. I absolutely love this look because I am a MASSIVE fan of dark shades of reds and plums. Most of the products in my make-up collection consists of these colours. I have to force myself to purchase products of other shades. 

Skin: Iman brought her own foundation along with her, M.A.C.'s Studio Fix in NW43. I've never used this foundation before and I was surprised by how much I took to it. I'm not normally a fan of liquid foundations as I find the consistency to be too light and runny. Yet this foundation was really easy to use and went onto the skin really well. I then concealed around the eyes with another product belonging to Iman; Sleek's Corrector and Concealer in shade 5 which is another great discovery for me! This mini palette includes a little corrector, concealer and setting powder and is very handy for concealing on the go. I also contoured Iman's cheeks ever so slightly with Sleek's Face Contour Kit in Dark. I didn't apply a blusher as I wanted the skin to have a polished look. 


Eyes:  The M.A.C. Paint Pots are one of my favourite eye products. They're really good for building colour and can be worn for a natural day to day look or a glamorous night look. For this look I used the M.A.C. Paint Pot in Constructivist. I applied it over the lid as a base colour and then used the dark red shade from the I-Divine Respect palette, part of the Shangri-la Collection by Sleek and buffed it around the eye. I then pressed a very small amount of Illamasqua's Pure Pigment in Berber onto the top of the shadow. This product is actually on sale online for £5. It can be applied to either cheeks, eyes or brows and is a great little shimmer product to have in your collection. Palak then demonstrated her eye lining skills again and lined Iman's lids with Barry M's soft Intense Black Eyeliner Pen. This is a really nice pencil because it is smudge and water proof and lasts all day. For mascara I applied Lancôme's Hypnôse Star

Lips: Iman has such beautiful lips and I wanted to make her pout the focal point of the look. I first lined and coloured in the lip with Sleek's Eau La La liner in Raisin, which is a pretty berry colour. I then went onto applying two lipsticks, first was M.A.C.'s Amplified Dark Deed lipstick which is from the Venomous Villains collection. Unfortunately this collection is no longer available in the UK as it was a limited edition. I absolutely LOVE this lipstick as it is a gorgeous black red. Also the packaging is beautiful, with a little image of Maleficent, who in my opinion was the scariest witch ever. I still can't watch her scenes from Sleeping Beauty without feeling a little bit freaked out. I then went over the lip colour with Sleek's True Colour Lipstick in Mulberry which is a seriously dark black plum. It's a very moody and gothic shade and looks really beautiful on Iman (as you can see above). These two shades really complimented each other and finished off the look beautifully. 

What Iman thought: "I really liked the lipstick(s) the best because of the bold colour."

Hope you enjoyed this post. I should hopefully be doing another one of these "Beauty Bashes" soon :)

~Nas~

No comments:

Post a Comment