Thursday 17 January 2013

A Belated Happy New Year & My Current Favourite Lip Products


HAPPY 2013!


I have been a bit quiet on the blogging front lately, the end of 2012 was very hectic (as usual). 

Anyway, I thought my first post of 2013 would be about three of my favourite lip products at the moment. I can't get enough of these lipsticks/stains and thought I would share them with you. I have chosen from three brands; Max Factor, Revlon and NARS, so that you have a choice between high street and high end.
One thing you should know about me is that I am a MASSIVE lipstick/stain/lip balm/lip gloss hoarder. Lip products are most definitely my favourite and I can never have enough. This is mainly because my lips have a bit of a dull colour to them, so I always want something to brighten them up a bit. It's also because I believe that a great lip colour has the ability to change your look dramatically.
I also love lipsticks that come in the form of oversized pencils, because they allow for a more controlled application and they're just a bit more fun.
My favourite shades are cranberry reds, deep plums and cherry pinks. These are normally seasonal shades that are seen mostly during Autumn/Winter. However, I tend to wear these colours all year round because I adore them too much.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush
This is such a lovely lip product to use as a day to day lip stain. The best way I can describe it is as a dupe of Clinique's Chubby Stick, which was no doubt the inspiration for this product. I have been wearing this lip stain every day since I bought it.  I chose this product in the shade Crush, which is a gorgeous cranberry shade. It goes on easily and instantly stains the lips and the need to reapply the colour is not really required. I also love the fact that this lip stain has a really nice minty flavour, so it doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything. Brilliant for everyday wear and doesn't burn a hole in the pocket.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu
This lip pencil has quickly become once of my staple lip products. I am obsessed. The colour is that of a deep, black plum and is super dramatic. And I am all about the drama. What's great about this pencil is that it's matte and the colour is really pigmented and lasts for hours. Of course if you prefer a more of a less dramatic look, you can press the colour lightly onto your lips. It's great for a night out or a special occasion and one application is enough. Also, as it is a lip pencil no lip liner is required, unless you want a really defined pout. It is a tad pricey, as it is NARS after all, but it is a worthy investment. Mad love for this lip product. Below is a picture of me wearing this lip colour (this was a look I wore to my Christmas work dinner). I didn't apply too much of the colour, as I wanted more of a light stain.



Max Factor Flipstick Colour Effect in Swingy Brown
This is a really interesting lip product as it is a dual ended lipstick which allows you to create a sort of orchid lip. I really like this lipstick because I can create a number of looks with this. I also really like how I can wear the shades together or alone. The colours of this flipstick are a sort of golden brown and nude, which are not colours that I would normally go for, but that's why I like them. The shades are very 90s and I absolutely love it! This is more of an experimental lip product, so it's something that you can have a lot of fun with.

www.narscosmetics.co.uk
www.revlon.co.uk
www.maxfactor.co.uk

~Nas~

No comments:

Post a Comment